Contact Unit: Employment Security Section
Contact Persons: Ms. Chang, Ms. Yen and Ms. Hsu
Tel: 22289111 ext. 35615 / ext. 35618 / ext. 35619
To assist the unemployed people aged over 15 who intend to work but do not have sufficient skills to work in acquiring skills for successful employment, the training programs are offered in the daytime, and employment assistance measures are taken after the completion of training to assist them in finding suitable jobs.
(A) Participants: Unemployed people aged over 15 who intend to work but do not have sufficient skills to work, excluding persons in charge of business entities (including directors of limited companies and directors of companies limited by shares), self-employed individuals, and people employed already
(B) Method of Registration: Please contact each organizer.
(C) Standards for Training Fee Payment: Unemployed people shall pay 20% of the training fee. Persons who are eligible for exemption from fee payment may participate in the training free of charge.
C. Living Allowance during Vocational Training: The organizer may apply for living allowance for trainees who attend the program 4 times a week in the daytime, over 4 hours each time, providing that the program shall last for over 1 month and the hours of training every month shall be more than 100.
(A) Trainees to Receive Allowance:
1. People who are the insured under employment insurance and have resigned involuntarily: Living allowance is distributed by Bureau of Labor Insurance to these people that have completed job-seeking registration with public employment service institutions, which have also arranged for them to participate in full-time vocational training.
2. Unemployed People with Particular Status:
(1) Persons supporting family livelihood independently: A photocopy of the Household Certificate of the unemployed person and his/her independents shall be submitted. (If any independent is 15 to 65 years old, a photocopy of a certificate of enrollment or a certificate of inability to work issued for the independent shall be submitted.)
(2) Senior or mid-aged persons: They refer to people aged from 45 to 65 (as of the date of commencement of training).
(3) Physically or mentally challenged persons: They refer to people who hold a disability manual.
(4) Indigenous peoples: They refer to people who are indicated as indigenous peoples in their Household Certificates.
(5) Persons with working capacity from low income households or middle-to-low-income households: They refer to people who hold a certificate of low-income household or middle-to-low-income household issued by the township or district office.
(6) Persons unemployed for a long time: They refer to people who are unemployed for over 1 year and have completed job-seeking registration with public employment service institutions within the latest month and whose insurance coverage period within the 3 years preceding the date of withdrawal from labor insurance reaches over 6 months.
(7) Displaced women for re-employment: They refer to women who have left from work due to family factors for over 2 years.
(8) Victims of domestic violence and sexual assault: A photocopy of the document specifying the identity of the victim of domestic violence and sexual assault issued by the municipality or county (city) government, a photocopy of protection order or a photocopy of court ruling shall be submitted.
(9) Protected post-convicted persons: A certificate issued by Taiwan After-care Association or District Prosecutors Office shall be submitted.
(10) Foreign spouses and Mainland Chinese spouses: They refer to people who got married with the R.O.C. citizens who have domiciles in the R.O.C. and have obtained an effective residence certificate.
(B) Amount of Subsidy:
1. People who are the insured under employment insurance and have resigned involuntarily: A subsidy equal to 60% of the average monthly insurance salary for the 6 months preceding the date of withdrawal from insurance is given, and may be received for 6 months at most. If the trainee withdraws from training, the training unit shall inform Bureau of Labor Insurance of the withdrawals and Bureau of Labor Insurance will stop providing the subsidy for the trainee.
2. Unemployed People with Particular Status: A subsidy equal to 60% of the minimum wage is given, and may be received for 6 months at most within 2 years. If the applicant is physically or mentally challenged, he/she may receive the subsidy for 12 months at most within 2 years.
(C) Limitation of Subsidy: A person may loss his/her qualification for subsidy in any of the following situation:
1. He/she has received pension under government employee insurance, old-age pension under labor insurance, retirement pension from military or state-own establishment. However, this limitation is not applicable to the people who have obtained the qualification for low-income households or middle-to-low-income households pursuant to the Public Assistance Act, living allowance for seniors in middle-to-low-income households, or living allowance for people with physical and mental disabilities.
2. He/she has received living allowance during vocational training pursuant to the Employment Insurance Act and a subsidy or allowance given by the government for any reason, and may receive such living allowance and subsidy for only 6 months. If the applicant is physically or mentally challenged, he/she may receive it for one year at most.
3. A person shall not receive living allowance during vocational training under the Regulations for the Implementation of the Employment Promotion Allowances when receiving the employment benefit under the Employment Insurance Act or living allowance during vocational training.
D. Authority and Contact Person: Ms. Chang of Employment Security Section, Labor Affairs Bureau, Taichung City Government at 04-22289111 ext. 35615
E. Relevant Link: Taiwan Jobs <http: //www.taiwanjobs.gov.tw/Internet/index/index.aspx>