Contact Unit: Welfare Promotion Section
Contact Person: Miss Chiang
Contact Telephone Number: 22289111 Ext. 35430
Taichung City Government Labor Affairs Bureau Advising People with Disabilities Getting Motor Vehicle License Subsidy Program
I. According to: Taichung City Annual Employment Fund for People with Disability Program
In order to encourage people with disabilities to get motor vehicle license, reduce employment difficulties, and increase employment opportunities, Taichung City Government Labor Affairs Bureau (hereafter referred to as the Bureau) particularly plans this program.
III. Time Period for Applying for the Subsidy:
1. From the date of announcement to December 10.
2. The applications are reviewed according to the order of submission, and the subsidy is granted until the fund is used up.
IV. Application Qualification: Applicants of this subsidy program should meet the following qualifications:
1. Applicants should be at least 18 years old.
2. Applicants should have household registration in Taichung City for over 6 months and have Disability Card (Proof).
3. Applicants should be currently employed and have the needs of getting a motor vehicle license for work which is evaluated by the Bureau. Or applicants, evaluated by the Bureau’s assistance service window, are suitable for entering the workplace or opening a business to provide services.
4. Applicants have never received any entrepreneurial loans from governments or other entrepreneurial subsidies.
5. Applicants should apply for the subsidy within 6 months from the next day after they get a motor vehicle license and submit the application no later than December 10.
V. Subsidy Items Include Driving Training Tuition and Motor Vehicle Driving Test Fee:
1. Driving Training Tuition: Include training courses for 8 categories, such as driving license of ordinary/business light vehicle, driving license of ordinary/business large truck, driving license of ordinary/business large passenger vehicle, and driving license of ordinary/business container lorry. The maximum subsidy of each category is NTD$ 4,000. If the training tuition is less than NTD$ 4,000, the amount of subsidy will be the actual cost. Every applicant can only apply for the subsidy for each category once.
2. Motor Vehicle Driving Test Fee and License Fee:
i. Registration fee for motor vehicle driving test is NTD$ 450 (Those who have driving license of business light vehicle have a road test for driving license of business large truck, those who have driving license of business large truck have a road test for driving license of business large passenger vehicle, or those who have driving license of large passenger vehicle have a road test for driving license of business container lorry will pay NTD$ 225 for each road test.)
ii. The license fee is NTD$ 200.
i. Ordinary Heavy-Duty Motorcycle:
(a) The registration fee for the ordinary heavy-duty motorcycle driving test is NTD$ 250
(b) The license fee is NTD$ 200.
ii. Ordinary Light-Duty Motorcycle:
(a) The registration fee for the ordinary light-duty motorcycle driving test is NTD$ 125.
(b) The license fee is NTD$ 200.
3. The aforementioned registration fee for motor vehicle driving test and license fee will be subsided according to the fee adjustment of competent authorities in this year, and each applicant can only apply subsidy for each category once. The subsidy is subject to the actual payment for driving training tuition and registration fee.
VI. Application Documents: Applicants should submit the following documents to the Bureau along with their application.
1. Application (including Declaration) (Attachment 1)
2. A copy of ID Card and Disability Card for proof.
3. Authorized Household Investigation Form (Attachment 2)
4. Authorized Labor Insurance Investigation Form (Attachment 3) or employment verification.
5. Registration fee payment form and the original receipt of license fee payment (Receipts given by the driving training agencies should be stamped with tax ID number for verification).
6. A copy of driver’s license.
7. Receipt (Attach a copy of the cover of bankbook) (Attachment 4).
VII. Application Process and Notes:
1. Applicants should attach the required documents in the application. Submit the application through the mail or send the application to the Bureau in person.
2. The Bureau mainly reviews the paper application and will call or interview applicants for verification. Applicants cannot evade, hinder, or refuse the verification. If applicants purposefully avoid or refuse the Bureau’s interview, contact, and verify, which leads to the failure of subsidy application, the applicants should be responsible for the results.
3. If there is any missing document in the application, the Bureau will send notification through physical mail. Applicants should submit the missing document within 10 days after receiving the notification. If applicants fail to do so by the due date or the resubmission is incomplete, the application will not be considered for review, and applicants should reapply.
4. After the application is reviewed and approved by the Bureau, subsidies will be granted along with an approval letter.
VIII. Matters that are not described and explained here are conducted according to relevant laws and regulations.